With the sharp rise in disputes in the post-covid world and an increased focus on cost savings, knowing how to minimise the risks associated with dismissals is more important than ever. In this seminar, Hannah and Alina will explore recent lessons and trends from the Fair Work Commission and specifically examine:
• When will performance and/or conduct issues be “enough” to dismiss an employee?
• How to avoid being caught out with genuine redundancies
• Procedural fairness in a post-covid world
• How to deal with difficult employees in the dismissal process
• Strategies in mitigating and defending unfair dismissal claims
• What to watch – future “hotspots” for employers